Three People. 366 Days. 1 Blog.

Sunday 1 January 2012

January 1st: Z-Day, First Foot Day

Yep, that’s right. It’s Z-day! (Cue debate as to the pronunciation of the letter "z"). Of course, as you can probably guess from the fact that I'm writing this, this morning was obviously not the morning when the zombies came…

It was, however, the morning when my sister came – having left last evening she got back early this afternoon, making her the “First Foot” in the Sidebotham household. She failed miserably to fulfil this role, being neither dark haired nor male, and failing to bring any gifts. On the plus side, we reckon that zombies would take over Macau or Singapore first. So if you’re in the UK, there’s a decent chance that people will have stopped them before they reach you. And there’s an even higher chance if you’re in the USA. Singapore does actually have a lot of trading routes with the west, so best to stay on the lookout for any zombies really. Just stay calm and pretend to be a zombie. Or in Joe's case, act normal.
Fun fact: searching for “zombified scopperloit gherkin” in Google gives only 1 result. I’ll leave Laura to update you on what she’s been up to, so that’s it from me. Happy New Year!

Laura: So, I'm incredibly disappointed I didn't see any zombies today, but let's hope some of you guys did. As for First Foot Day, my brother, being both dark haired and male, turned out to be the "First Footer" sometime early this morning. Lucky year ahead? I think so.

PS from Jonnie: I found out how to edit posts! On a plus note, a tall handsome man did in fact set the first foot in our household, namely me (maybe not handsome, but I am taller than my dear mother!) In other news, a zombie did in fact bite me so I probably won't post here again as the virus is slowly sinkBRAINSing in. If I make it through the niBRAINSght I'll let you know.

2 comments:

  1. er, please could you make it clearer who is writing each post :-)

    from what I can guess, Joes post yesterday magically turned into Lauras post (I'm guessing Laura by the fact that she is the only one who has a brother) without any change in font or introduction or any indication of the change

    Thank you :-)

    The older sister who actually arrived early yesterday afternoon- pay attention Joe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually searching "zombified scopperloit gherkin" gives you two results because you have a website thats also mentions it...you're welcome.

    ReplyDelete